Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday, January 9th, 2012


Hi Mom!
 
Well, it was an awesome week! I will try to answer your questions:
 
  I'm anxious to hear all about Thousand Oaks.
*Are the members as great there as they were in Bakersfield?
 No. But the church is way strong! we cover 2 stakes (YSA). The Thousand Oaks Stake has a big stake center (Everyone calls it the TO Temple - It is MASSIVE! 2 Chapels, 2 gyms, 2 floors, and really new!) it is a great area.
*How often do you get dinner from members?
Maybe if we are lucky once a week. But there are some families in other wards that usually have us over weekly. The Knapps have us over every Monday. They are awesome!
*How is the Ward Mission leader?
 Way good. His name is Chris Davis and he is like 23. Nice guy, and SUPER involved.
*Are there lots of rich people there? 
TONS. The Knapps live on Lake Sherwood a fake lake where rich people live. Will Smith lives there, and a couple other rich people.
*If the people are rich, are they as receptive to the gospel?
 Uh, so so. Everyone we talk to is way nice. There are a lot of Jews, but everyone is way nice. We work mostly off refferrals.
*How close to the coast are you now?
About 20 min. you can't see it, but we get coastal breezes.
*Didn't you say you were over a young single adult branch again?  Do you like that?
Yes I am. It is way fun! Really Spread out, but fun.
 
Hope that answers some of them! I am doing good. We are at the Library, so I have to hurry so Elder Cook can have a turn.
 
So I went to the doctor again for my feet. The doctor gave me a perscription for a better anti-inlammitory thats like 10x stonger than the old one. They also taped my feet and they will be making me new orthodics and getting me night-splints. WOOO! hahha, but he said that this will take care of it. He also told me that if i want to get better that I need new shoes.. So......If it's not too much, I might need a little money for those. I'm sorry! He said they are just worn out. I don't want to! But he said i really need to. Please don't be mad.. I am going to buy pants today (Mine are shot) probably 2 pairs, so maybe (I don't know know how much shoes cost...) maybe 50? or whatever you think. thank you so much for all your help mom. I didn't know this would happen.
 
We had a Dia de los Reyes (Day of the Kings) party at a recent converts house on Friday. It was so sweet! I will send pics soon.
 
Do I need to have my new atm card activated? Or does it do it automatically?
 
GOSH! Everyone here is so crazy rich. A guy in the other ward pulled up to church yesterday in a brand new Maserati. Yikes! He invented bluetooth. We went past Jackie Chan's house the other day too. And Brooke White (3RD place in american idol with DAvid Archuleta and David Cook) is in the Westlake ward too. We are having dinner at their house soon. Her name is Brook Ray - she got married. Haha! Its a crazy time here.
 
We are teaching a Jew named Courtney. SHe is so sweet! Her family is super loaded, but she is so sweet. The work is going great here!
 
Sounds like things are going good for you! I hope everyone is doing well. I pray for you often. I LOVE YOU!
--
Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: