Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My B'day



Just had to share about my birthday this year.
Yah, I kind of don't like my birthday very much.
Now, I love everyone else's special days
but I really don't like the attention.
But, I love it when I do get treated like
a queen on my special day.

On Sunday, my dear Mother had a special
dinner for me.  I loved the fact that
I didn't have to fix Sunday dinner.
All my kids were there except for
Natalie, she had the flu, and of course,
Matt.  My Aunt Pat, who shares
the same birthday as me, Uncle Sam,
my sister, Jana and my brother Paul
were there.  Nothing like good food
and wonderful company to make
the day.  

Then, on Tuesday, my actual birthday, 
Brooke wanted to take me to lunch.
I was looking forward to having a fun
lunch date with her and the kids.
Tuesday morning she called and asked
me come over to their house
when I got off work, they
had a surprise for me!

I was so excited!
After work I headed on over and Emily
greeted me at the door in her
Cinderella dress and holding a 
special card she had made just
for me.
 (Smile)
As I went into their house I could see
the surprise!  Brooke and Emily
had prepared a "Tea Party"
for us for lunch.
It was the cutest thing I have
ever seen.
Brooke had borrowed a tea set
from a friend and it was
just beautiful.
We had heart shaped sandwiches and
Emily poured each of us some "tea"
(apple juice).
We had a wonderful lunch together and 
I felt so special.
It was the most wonderful thing
and I enjoyed it so much.
(The people I work with kept asking,
this is your daughter-in-law?  They 
couldn't believe a daughter-in-law
could treat her mother-in-law with 
such love and grace).  
I'll tell you, I couldn't be more
proud because I have the most
wonderful daughter-in-law and 
grand daughter  in the world.  
Thanks to you both for making
my b'day so special.
I simply loved the Tea Party!
I'll never forget it.

Emily loves to play Tea Party
and every time she comes to
my house we play with
the little dishes.
She got a kitchen for Christmas
and plays with dishes at her house
constantly.  
A Tea Party for Grandma's B'day
was the perfect gift!


Oh, this is not the end.
My in-laws came from
Rigby and took Wynn, Natalie
and I all out to dinner.
We went to the Hong Kong
and it was so good.

I got lavished with so many wonderful
gifts.  For not liking my birthday, I 
sure have a huge smile on my 
face today because yesterday
was the most perfect
birthday ever!

No comments: