Monday, January 23, 2012

from Matt


Dear Mom!

Let me answer your questions first:

That is some splint you have to wear at night.  Is it helping? Yes. It's awkward to wear, but I think it is helping. it just keeps my feet at an angle to stretch the tendons. yup! 

So, are you seeing a different dr. than the one you saw before? Yes. That was bishop Kesler in Bakersfield. I am seeing Doctor Benson here in TO.

Who is paying for it? Doctor Benson. Missionary Medical pays for everything (but a $10 co-pay) but he has picked everything up for me. I asked at the counter last week if I needed to pay, and the receptionist said that it was taken care of. I am so blessed!

Is our insurance supposed to take care of those things? Nope!

Did you get you some new shoes? I will be today. I just haven't had time yet! Haha

Is it just one foot or is it both that are giving your fits? Both. But we're getting it worked out!

I hope that answers some of your questions for you! Elder and sister Zwick were amazing. I feel very blessed to have been able to meet him! We had a ZLC with him on Tuesday, so that was a pretty personal meeting. We got to talk with him one on one a little, and it was great! He asked us "What are you willing to Change?" and that was sort of the theme for the day. We also talked about our calling and lots of other stuff. I wish I could tell you all about it, but there are just no words. In my journal I talk about it, but all i can say is, " It was so good." Over and over. Haha! I'll write today and tell you more about it.

Thanks for the letter and all of the emails! Its fun to hear about all the friends. Bridger also wrote me, so that was good! Sounds like all is well. Also, thanks for calling me fat! I'm hurt and offended. Haha JK! I still weigh about the same, it has just moved to my face, I think. We eat out A TON here, and we cover 2 really big stakes, so we drive a lot. We are working on exercising more, and parking the car lots, so it’s a work in progress. :) Love you!

Yesterday we had stake conference. It was all of Sothern California, and Elder L Tom Perry spoke, s o it was a wonderful meeting. It was broadcast from Salt Lake to here. So cool! We are so blessed.

We had an amazing lesson this week. We have been working with a family named the Bentley's. Their son Robby is going on a mission in 2 weeks to D.C. and their daughter Breanna is just coming back to church, so we have been teaching them. Their parents are so-so, but coming along (Dad had an affair a month or two ago, and they are working things out) but the whole family was there! We started teaching Bre and Robby, then mom came in and was asking questions about his mission, than dad came in and joined in, then we started talking about the holy ghost and revelation. It was one of the most amazing lessons ever! Everyone was involved, and Bre even started to cry. After we left, Bre texted and said thanks, and that we are amazing. The spirit was so strong! it was amazing. They had us for dinner a couple days later (We had BBQ tri-tip!) and they invited 2 non-member friends that may be meeting with us soon! It has been a great week. 

We are going to the temple next week! Woo! It will be so fun. It is elder Cook's birthday and Elder Christensen, so we all 4 get to go down. I can't wait!  It is going to be awesome. 

It has rained here a little lately! But we're glad for the moisture. No complaints here.

If its not too much, i need a couple things... I am almost out of journal paper (Which is a good thing, because i have started to write again! :) so that’s good) and a new wallflower thing would be super cool. (I love that thing - it makes our old apartment smell nice) Thanks for all you do for me. I really really appreciate you! 

Well, I think that’s it! Here are a couple pictures! These are elder cooks birthday at the Bentley's. So good! They are sweet! :) 

I hope you know I love you! Keep in touch! Thanks for all you do! 

--
Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013

No comments: