Monday, January 16, 2012

From Matt

Monday, January 16, 2012

I did get your package! Thanks so much. I love the quote book! It is for women, but most of the quotes are for everybody. I love them! :) Thanks so much.

I am attaching pictures for you! I'll have to send a couple emails with all the pictures!

So we had dinner with the Knapps yesterday. They live in Lake Sherwood just outside of Westlake. It is Crazy! They took us on a drive through the gated community that they are looking to either buy or build. You have to have a name, a password, and ID to get in! There are guards and everything. It’s on a country club that costs like $40,000 a year to be a member. There’s a picture of will Smiths gate and Wayne Gretskies house too. HOLY COW! You cannot believe the money that is in there. 

Well, This week we had a good one! Did you get the Fat picture of me from the Knapps? You should text them back! They were wondering why you didn't answer! Haha We had dinner with them at the Macaroni Grill that night. They are so sweet!

We had a baptism yesterday! Her name is Jessi Bell, and She got baptized in Rancho Cucamunga, where her family lives, and her boyfriend’s family baptized her. She was taught here, but baptized there. We heard it was good though! :) 

Our Chinese investigator, John, is in China until the end of the month, so we can't teach him. We wanted to Skype or email, and President thought it was a good idea, but it’s against the Chinese Law to do any sort of proselyte. He is solid though, so it will be ok. 


Elder Craig Zwick is coming to our mission this week! We have a zone leader meeting with him tomorrow, and a conference with him Thursday. I’m pumped! It will be a lot of fun.

We had a meeting with the stake presidency of Newbury Park and President Castro on Saturday! It was good. President also told us that next month when we have the same meeting a 70 will be visiting just president Castro, so he will be bringing him along to the meeting, then to Johns' baptism right afterword! Holy cow! Haha

Umm Elder cook is amazing, We have so much fun! It seems like all we do is laugh. We get along so good. We are looking for more people to teach right now, so we do a lot of less active work. It is good!

Mom and Dad! I think you should be temple workers! You can just do it once a week! It would be soo cool. A lady in the ward that got baptized a year ago is doing that, and she LOVES it! It’s like a mini mission. Think about it!!!

Thanks for all you have been doing for me!  I appreciate you sending money. It means a lot to me. I am so thankful! Thank you. 

So this week I have been thinking about how powerful prayer is. It is a direct communication with God! We get so caught up in life that we forget we have that and we get lazy. God is our Father in Heaven, and just like a real dad, wants to hear from us. I love being able to pray! It is a huge blessing. I also know that Jesus is the son of God and that he Lives! He loves us perfectly. I know that we are lead by a living prophet today, and i know he loves us and wants us to be happy. The Gospel is purely made for us to be happy. That’s why I love being a missionary and a member of this church! It makes me HAPPY! I love you all at home, and I pray for you daily. Thanks for you loving support and prayers! I appreciate and need them. Keep em comin! :) I know that church is true! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Well, I hope it is an amazing week! I love you! Thanks for everything! 

Love,
Elder Monk



 Thousand Oaks stake center
 My bed
 My district

The splint I have to wear at night.
 Will Smith's gate
 The Country Club
A huge house

No comments: