Monday, January 30, 2012

Matt's letter for January 30, 2012


Dear Mom -

It has been a good week! So update: I bought new shoes - Clarkes! They are different from the last ones. They are Black Slip On, and I love them a lot! Elder Cook has some just like it, and he loves them. They are good! So thanks!!!! I also got insoles for them on Friday. They are better than the last ones – a lot firmer, so it feels pretty good. Things are getting better! I'll keep you posted.

We have met with the Bentleys a lot. Robby leaves for his mission the same day as Elder Cook, and Bre got her Patriarchal blessing yesterday. So cool! We went to Robby's farewell yesterday, and he quoted us in his talk! It was a really neat experience. We went over last night to play a board game that we made for them, and He invited us to come see him get set apart on Friday (They are diving to Provo on Saturday). Woo! They are a great family. I love them lots! Bre texted last night and said how much she loves us, and that we are her best friends besides her family. Woo! I love them so much. 

Our apartment is SO Trunkey. It’s terrible. Elder cook isn't that bad, but Elder Christensen who goes home the same day is WAYY Trunkey. He's been packing his stuff for about 2 weeks now. His companion elder Hamilton is having a hard time with it. He doesn’t want to be here anyway, and has almost gone home like 3 times now, so its crazy tough. Its even hard for me! I don't even want to go home, but i find myself thinking of home a lot, because that’s all anyone ever talks about! Grrr... I think they should not tell the missionary when he is going home, then call him the night before and say "There's a plane ticket fro you at 9 am! Get Packed!" It would be so much easier for the companions. Anyway...

I hope the journal paper comes quick! I am running out! (And that’s good) maybe 5 sheets left. I'll conserve. So far I have kept my resolution to write everyday. (Not write everyday, but have an entry for everyday) :) so its good!

Would it be too much to ask for a couple new white shirts? The pockets are falling off of a couple. I've fixed them a couple times, but it’s getting really bad... If not, its ok. You just have a JC Penney there and I know they have the ones I like. For your information the tag says:

    Stafford 
 Performance
The Supershirt

   Athletic
      16

They have the stretchy neck and short sleeve. And the material is really thin (I think broadcloth?), not the thick heavy stuff. No worries, I’m in no rush! Sorry that I ask for so much stuff. It just seems that lately everything has been disintegrating, falling off, tearing, or catching on fire. Hahah! You are the best mamma jamma!

I'm glad you got your card! I hope your birthday was AWESOME! And sorry about the card... It was the best one! :/  We're going to the temple tomorrow with the Knapps. I'll be sure to take a bunch of pictures for you! 

Life is pretty good for me. Thanks for all you do! I love you. you're in my prayers!


Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013


 A really cool bridge in Moorpark! It’s really cool!
 We found a scenic vista on an exchange! 
Beautiful!
 We had lunch on top of a parking garage in TO for Elder Christensen birthday. 
This is the view!


 A guy in the other ward won an emmy! He let me hold it.
 Wowow
  Making the game...
 -a work in progress...
The game! 
It’s the tree of life, with the spacious building and a dirty fountain.
 We just made a bunch of cards - move forward if good, 
back if bad. It’s pretty silly, but way fun! 
We laugh so hard when we play it! 
It is great. 

No comments: