Monday, June 4, 2012

From Matt



Monday, June 4th, 2012

Hey mom!!!!!!!

Well, life is so much better this week. I think my allergies are getting better:) I DID get your package, and have been taking your Allegra. I think now I have like 15 different types of allergy meds from a variety of people. The famous quote, "Here I have something that will work for you!" and I say, "uh... uh, ok!" Hahaha but I’m hangin' in there. Getting better.

The kids here all had to go to a half day of school here today. The principal’s wouldn’t let them give out report cards until today, so you have to come! How lame! I bet you are glad to be done! :) Are you going to retire when I came home? What’s in store for you there? Let me know!

So the highlight of the week was Andre's baptism! It was amazing! Absolutely NOTHING went wrong! We set up chairs meticulously and had programs made by a printer in the ward, and everything was perfect. Andre was so excited, and you could tell that he was happy. The Spirit was amazing and strong. SO, SO BLESSED! :) All smiles. He got confirmed in church yesterday, and we got to stand in on that too, so that was fun. What a good guy! Haha from a pack a day for 11 years to baptism! :) It’s the best.

Life is really great for me! We are getting T-shirts made for our zone (I somehow got in charge of that one!) They will be awesome! They say, "iTract" and then have a picture a missionary knocking on a door! Haha its pretty funny.

We're going to Bakersfield to play a game with our district today. Lots of driving! But it’s what everyone else wants to do, haha! :) Life is great.

Just remember transfers are next Tuesday, so if you are going to send anything this week, either send it to the Mission office, or straight here, but it has to be sent like today or tomorrow, so I can get it. If not, don’t worry about it! :) You are the best mom, and I love you! Thanks for everything, you are the Bom.Com! :)

Love,

--
Elder Matthew Monk
  California Ventura Mission
          Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013


Michelle King made us bandannas to weed-wack a guys yard.  Pretty cool hun? :)

Elder Hall (Distict leader) with the chairs we set up.  I'm kind of a perfectionist.

The chairs!  :0)

Our little display and the programs.

Me and Andre!

Us, Andre, and his brother, Yves (Ives)

No comments: