Monday, June 18, 2012

Today's letter from Matt

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hi Mom!

Well, I'm sorry I gotta make it quick, I just had a conversation with Michelle for a half hour, so I don't have a lot of time. They are SOO CLOSE!!! and guess what?!?! We have 4 people with Baptismal dates! Sam and Susie Evans (Monica's other 2 kids), and two guys we just met in Bear Valley. One is dating a member (They are in their 40s) and one that was referred to us. We invited him on the 1st appt and he said YES!!! The work is ON FIRE! We have like 18 investigators  - Its crazy! So much work!!! Elder Scott is amazing, and I love him. Send some stuff for him too if you don't mind. :) Love you mom! Our address is


Elder Matthew Monk
21311 Golden Hills Blvd. Apt. D
Tehachapi, CA 93561

I'm so glad that you love your new ward!!! That is so awesome. Tell dad Congrats, and That I love him, and look up to him a lot! :) You are going to be so blessed. :)

Its good to hear about Camden! I love that guy. Please send my love.

Don't worry about the wind! It blows all the time here! Remember all those windmills I told you about? YEP! We got it too! haha I love you mom!

Will you please send some stamps too? It’s so hard to buy everything you need on a little budget. I did get a gift card from a member for laying sod, so I bought all the toiletries I need (Shaving cream, razors, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc.). It was just a little bit of money, enough to get the necessities. But Stamps are so expensive! And I like to keep in touch with some friends (Bridger requires 3 stamps, but we only write maybe once a month). Thank you so much mom! You are the best! If you send a priority envelope, please put it in the Teflon (or whatever) envelop, because every time I get the paper ones, they are always falling apart way bad! (Like the one I sent your moms day stuff in). Thank you, I love you so much!

The church is true! I read O. Vincent Haleck's talk today about "to do", you would love it. I loved it! Thanks for all your support, you rock!!! I love you!!


Here's my presidents letter, I think it goes into more detail about my week. :) I love you mom!


President Castro!
Well, I love Elder Scott! He is such a good missionary, and I appreciate you putting us together! I am so glad that you receive revelation! I know that you followed the spirit in this decision, and I feel blessed for it! Thank you.
It has been an AMAZING week! We have been blessed to have many new investigators and a lot of teaching appointments, leading to new investigators with baptismal dates! We met with one man on Saturday night, talked about the church and some questions he had, introduced the Restoration, then invited him to be Baptized on July 14, and he accepted. Elder Scott invited him, and He did so well! He is a very prepared missionary, and knows his stuff.
I feel so blessed to be here for another transfer. I feel like there is a lot of work for us to do, and I feel like I am meant to be here. I read my Patriarchal blessing this morning, and it talks about me serving a mission to people who await my coming, and will be blessed because of the opportunities I make available to them, and I feel like that is speaking SPECIFICALLY about Tehachapi. Thank you for sending me here. I have grown so much.
Things are going well for me. I am so happy! Elder Scott is a very solid missionary, and is doing well. Thanks for all you do! I love you,
Elder Monk

-- 


Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         
-       Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 –

The Wilson's - the lady who made the potpourri
(He has a Finland shirt on!  They were there
3 weeks ago!)
Our zone t-shirts that I designed!
Haha I didn't know I could draw!
The back!
Elder Stratton and I on our truck!  :)
Note from me (Nancy):
This is Matt's best friend, Elder Hodges on the left with
his companion.  They are serving in Germany.
I just had to add this picture.
Aren't they so cute?
We get lots of e-mails from Matt's friends.
I just love hearing from them.
Such a fun time in their lives!

No comments: