Tuesday, June 12, 2012

from Matt


June 11, 2012

Hi Mom!

Well, Crazy times here! Let me tell you about them.

ES and I have been getting along A LOT better, and NO, men have these
Problems too. I guess it's just a missionary thing, but all is well.
He was just stressed out and a little homesick like I said, but doing
better. The remedy to this is he likes to get milkshakes at Sonic
(They're half price after 8:00pm, so we do it often.) But anything to
make him happy! :)

Monday a Couple in the BV ward took us to Taco Bell for dinner. Their
son is on a mission in New Jersey, so they love to be with us! They
are way nice, and a lot of fun to be with. What good members we have!
:)

We had dinner with a family that just moved from Oxnard on Tuesday!
They are sweet. Bro. Jaster got a job at Edwards Air Force Base, so
they came up here. Their kids are hilarious! Famous quote from the
night, "I've had diarrhea since Easters!" (I think it's from Nacho
Libre?) Haha they are fun.

We met with Andre on Wednesday, and Bishop had already interviewed him
for the Priesthood, and he received it yesterday! It is so cool to see
him progress in the gospel. He has a lot of good support too! Bishop
Munson and his Brother, and some friends in the ward. :) It’s awesome!

A dang guy has been working on putting new linoleum in our apartment
since Wednesday. He had to tear some floor boards out around the
toilet because it was rotting... NASTY. Then he didn't even pull up
the old stuff, he just glued the New over top of it, so it’s really
bumpy and the floor squeaks. There is also a hole in our tub, so he
put duct tape on it, after telling us that he was a professional
builder for 40 years, and how good he is. His most often used quote,
"Well, that’s good enough!" Nope. haha it was a terrible job, and it
took him until Sunday morning to finish a tiny area! (Just our little
kitchen and tiny bathroom!) So that was annoying!

Friday we were doing our laundry and planning at the Weavers, and
Michelle (Investigator) called and we talked on the phone for about an
hour. She told me that she was literally scared for her life that I
would get transferred, because she has learned the most and come the
farthest with me. It sounds weird, but she was very sincere, and it
meant a lot. The gist of the conversation was that she is ready to get
baptized, but there is just something that is holding her back (She
wouldn’t say what, and it's not our business.). But she and John are
amazing and have made SOO Much progress. John hasn’t drank coffee for
over a week now!! It is amazing to see the changes the gospel is
making in their lives. I feel so blessed to be a small part of that.
Will you put their names in at the temple again if you haven’t lately?
John and Michelle King.

Saturday we and the other elders laid sod for a guy in our ward. 4
FULL PALLETS, and 2 3/4 PALLETS! It was a lot of work, but we knocked
it out in about 2 or so hours, and the guy (Less active) made us a
huge BBQ and then gave us each a gift card to the grocery store. Haha!
It was a lot of fun, and it looked so good! :)

We got to speak in the Golden Hills Sacrament meeting yesterday! I
used one of the stories you sent me on that daily note thing you sent
a while ago. The story of the girl and the pearls. It went so well! I
love speaking in Sacrament! It was a lot of fun.

Last night the Assistants called me and told me that I would be
training again (sigh) and this morning we found out that I'm staying
and Elder Stratton is going back down to Oxnard. Crazy times! At first
I was pretty bummed, but a thought came to me last night, that this is
a great opportunity for me to grow! Even more! I was kind of hoping to
go, but also wanted to stay to see John and Michelle baptized... I was
torn. So staying is going to be good, and a lot easier since I don't
have to Whitewash, I kind of know the area. Sooooo... It’s good. Haha!
I'm happy. At first I was kind of peeved by president, because he said
that I'd only be away for 2 transfers, but then I thought, "Well, I
need to stay here for John and Michelle. This is why I’m here. I need
to be here." so I’m pretty happy. And not mad at president. :) haha He
receives revelation for us! I love serving a mission, and I know that
this church is true!

I'm sorry to hear about Cammo! I hope he's ok. I'm so proud of dad! Our
whole Gospel Principals class talked about him yesterday! I mentioned
that, "My mom is an Angel..." in my talk, and so we were talking about
Heavenly Father and Someone was like, "Well, we know your mom is an
angel, your dad can't be that bad!" or something, then we talked
about how great of a dad I have! :) I love you dad!

Well parents, thanks for everything you do for me! I love you dearly
and you are in my prayers, keep me in yours. Thanks for all your
support! It doesn’t go unnoticed! I l love you.

Dad what buildings does your ward cover? Let me know!

Mom, a package would be much appreciated! :) haha same address -
Golden Hills Blvd! :) If you are looking for ideas... Jerky! I love
what you sent last time! Anything SpongeBob related, a Temples
magazine, and any Music! (Especially Reflections  - Another
Testament!). I love  love love you! Thank you so much!

Love, Elder Monk


No comments: