Monday, July 30, 2012

From Matt ~ July 30, 2012


Dear Mom,                                                            Monday, July 30,2012

It’s so good to hear from you! I can't wait to get your emails, and I love hearing about the family! Thanks so much. It looks like you are having a ton of fun this summer. Things are going well for me. 

I'm so glad that you have been talking to Michelle. She just raves about you! I think it’s awesome that my mom can help in my missionary work! It sure is neat. THANKS! Her and John are so excited for their baptism!! Michelle didn't pass her first interview (I'm not sure for what but she didn't) so she had to meet with a member of our Mission Presidency on Thursday, and it went SO well! She was absolutely beaming!! It was amazing to see her sign her name on the form agreeing that she would follow Jesus her whole life and be faithful to her covenants. :) YEAH!! Gosh, I'm so pumped!

We had dinner at a members home last week and they showed us pictures of their grandson on a mission on a website that his mom puts stuff on and I thought you  might like to check it out! It's called missionsite.net and it looks like an LDS blog engine just for missionaries. Hope you like it!

So this last week was Girls camp, and Rachel Evans and her Sister Susie went! Rachel got to be a leader or whatever you call them and we have heard that Susie had an AMAZING experience!! She's been struggling with believing the church a bit, so we were hoping she would have a good converting experience. I guess she lost her hearing aide that are WAAYY expensive and everyone was praying for her and with her. She decided before she went to bed that she would do some praying herself and she told Heavenly Father that she would get baptized if she could just find her hearing aides and guess what... SHE FOUND THEM!! We have an appointment with their family at the Weavers tonight, so I'm excited to hear all about it!!! :)

It was kind of a rough week. All our investigators snubbed us, but we did spend a lot of time with John and Michelle getting them ready for their baptism! So that's good. 

We did some more Tiling this week too. We finished their kitchen and dining room, all we need to do is grout! Whew! Big job, but a lot of fun. Sis. Irish came to church yesterday, but her husband is still workin on it... 

I haven’t got your package yet.. Maybe today I will! I'm hoping. We'll check after emailing.

we had been keeping John and Michelle's baptism a secret because Michelle was still unsure of she would pass or not, so we got to tell our Ward mission leader, his wife and bro. Beach on Friday, and they almost fell out of their chairs!! Bro. Waring knew, and a select few other, but it was fun! haha and they announced it at church on Sunday and everyone was so excited!! It’s kind of surreal, but I’m loving it. 

Hmm.. Well, that’s about it I think! Our ward missionaries and us are making a float for the Mountain Festival in August, so we're going to be in a parade! We're thinking like a giant Book of MOrmon or the L.A. Temple or something... Yeah! It’s going to be a lot of fun!

Life is going pretty good. E Scott if pretty homesick and quiet a lot, but I've been trying so hard to just give him the love and support he needs. He's doing so well! He’s still new, and he'll get there soon enough! :) I love him tons. 

I hope you have a great week! i love you tons, keep in touch!

--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -

No comments: