Monday, July 9, 2012

From Matt


Monday, July 9th, 2012

Hi Mom and Family!

Well greetings from the little town of Tehachapi, California! Haha

Things have been good for me here. I feel really blessed and lucky to have the experiences that I am having! I’m so glad that you and Michelle have been able to talk. She is the BEST! And I love her and John so much. I just wish that she would get baptized!! She is so close and I know she is getting there... Just gotta be patient. Isn't she the best? And yes, she is a talker. haha!

I'm so glad that you are having fun in your new ward! And yes, that’s a small world! Crazy crazy. It sounds like you have a great group of kids and a lot of really great experiences to look forward to! Have a lot of fun with them! :)

This week was a little tough, just because of the 4th I think. Everyone was busy and with family, so it was kinda weird. On the 4th we had a BBQ at the Coffin's house, then had ice cream at Sis. Cains house in BV, then came to the Church where there was a tri-ward BBQ. It was ok, and we had to be in at 8:00. When we got home I made elder Scott a box for his scriptures, then cleaned the bathroom. Haha it’s weird, but I like cleaning a lot. It’s a good stress reliever and i like to have a clean place to live. Who would have thunk?

We helped on the Irish's floors on Tuesday, then on Saturday we went back with Bro. Beach a ward missionary and got he kitchen pretty much done! We're going again tomorrow, so I’ll send a picture or two next week. It looks pretty good! Who knew I could lay tile? But man, I'm sure sore now! We got there at 11 and worked until about 3:30, then came back at about 5:30 and worked until about 9:00. They need it so bad though! They both work and have not a lot of money, and like 1 day off a week, so it’s hard to get anything done on their house. They have also only been married one year. Whew! It’s a lot of fun though! :)

Hmm.. I think that’s the most exciting news for this week! The Evans family is progressing pretty well, so are the Kings, and in Bear Valley we have had a lot of success too. The Minor's (Love love love LOVE them) are amazing. Mom and daughter are members, Dad and son aren't, but they are all active and have been for about 7 years. The dad is just unsure about his testimony I guess, and Sis. Minor has some issues with hers, but they are coming along great. We invited Bro. Minor to be baptized and he said yes... sometime. Hahah but not no!

Can I beg you for a couple more things? I'm sorry! But I can’t get anything for myself, haha! So here goes.

-Packages are ALWAYS appreciated, even if they are small. Treats too. yes.
-The new EFY cd "Arise and Shine Forth" you should be able to get it at Deseret or Seagull
-"Reflections of Christ: Another testament" Cd. Deseret of Seagull or even Amazon or eBay?
-Pictures! I mean prints! :) haha i like having them!

You are the best mom! Thanks for all of your support! You are the best, and I love you bunches. I like getting snail mail, too, so don't be afraid to write! :) hahah have a great week!

Love,
Elder Matt Monk

No comments: