Monday, July 23, 2012

From our Matt


Monday, July 23, 2012

Hi Mom!

Things are going amazing!!  SO first off we got transfer calls this morning, and... Both elder Scott and I are Staying! Wooo! And everything is still on for the baptism on the 4th. Michelle is having a rough time. Like you said, the adversary is working extra hard on her. Thank you for putting their names in the temple. They need it! John had his interview with the Bishop last night and passed, and Michelle should meet with our district leader Tuesday. She is so scared that she won't pass... You should call her and chat. And if you do, be positive and optimistic! She is amazing, just scared.

That’s so cool about the Brightons! You are feeling what its like to be a missionary! :) I'm so happy for them. Send them my congrats.

The car window said something about Karina being the lifeguard of the week, haha! I was just being a goof ball! The Irish's are less active, but working on coming back, so we are helping with the floor. We are not even close to being done! But it’s coming along. Their master bedroom is done and grouted, just needs to be sealed, the hallway needs to be grouted and sealed, the entryway needs done, the kitchen need to be grouted and sealed, and the dining room needs done (We are about 1/8 the way there, haha!), as well as the living room, sitting room, and 2 other bedrooms. I don't know why they wanted all tile, but they do! It’s a lot of fun though - I love it! I can't wait to have my own house and my own projects! :) They are awesome.

There is an older couple in Bear valley that we have been teaching, the husband was a member, had his name removed, and his wife is an investigator - The Lang's. Well, he called us up last week and asked if he needed to be rebaptized, we said yes, and he said,  "Well, lets do it!" We have been working extra hard with him and as soon as the stake president receives his records from Salt Lake, we can get him baptized. We are working hard on his wife! They love us though! and we love them.

Well, I gotta get running. Things are going so good! I love you tons and I will talk to you soon! You are the best.

--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 

No comments: