Monday, July 16, 2012

Miracle


Monday, July 16, 2012

Hi Mom!

Yeah, you guessed it! I am SO happy for John and Michelle! Oh my gosh! It was such a miracle to see her exercise her faith and then set a date to be baptized. She called and Talked to her daughter and they are already planning a trip to be here for the baptism (August 4). YEAH!! Transfers are next Tuesday the 24th... I called president Castro and said, "Please don't transfer me!!" in response to Michelle asking if I would. I feel so close to them. They truly are some of my best friends. And it’s a special relationship solely because of the Gospel. When I first got here, the 1st thing Michelle said to us was, "I'm going to tell you what I’ve told every other missionary - I'm not doing this to be baptized. I just want to learn about the church." Now look where she is! They have come to church actively for 4 months and are both reading the Book of Mormon! Wow! This is probably one of the biggest miracles I've been blessed to see on my mission. I can't wait until you can meet them in person! They are amazing! 

We had President's interviews on Thursday and a training by our Zone Leaders and the Assistants, and afterwards we rushed home (About an hour trip) and went straight to John and Michelle's for our lesson. They made a comment about food and found out that we were starving, so they bbq'd hamburgers for us! We chatted and she told us her dream, then we referred back to our relief society lesson we taught last week on missionary work. We showed a video from PMG about a sister named Laura that dug her heels in, not wanting to get baptized, but knew it was true, and asked her what she thought. She was pretty contemplative and we invited her to talk to her daughter and set a date. The next day we went to John's sister Vyrlanne's house and helped them clean (She's moving to Texas and is totally a hoarder). It was really nasty and i have never seen so many spiders in one area!! Gross! Michelle told us then that she had talked to Cory about setting a date and her dream, then later that night she called and told us that they were going to be baptized on the 4th!!! It was amazing and the spirit bore witness to me that they were making the right decision. 

Michelle told me that when she first talked to you on the phone that you bore her your testimony, and she really loved it because you weren't pushy or upfront, just real light and honest. I think you have had a big impact on her too, mom! I think it is so cool that my mom is helping with my investigators! That's a huge plus of serving in the U.S. I guess! :) Thanks mom for being amazing! Michelle absolutely loves you, and SO DO I!!! You are the best.

Thanks for sending me care packages! It may seem like you send a lot, but it doesn't feel like I get a lot.. Haha! I'm kind of needy i guess. Any and all mail is much appreciated. Thank you for your letter last week. i got it on Monday, and it sure lifted my spirits! I also got to talk to President about coming in late and he was fine with it. He told me if it needs to happen again, just call him and let him know! Haha he is the best. But thanks for your encouragement. Keep it comin'! I need it a lot. Time is going quick, and I need all the help I can get these last few months, so please keep it coming. Also if you don’t mind a little cash would be MUCH MUCH appreciated. Please and THANK YOU so much for all your support spiritually as well as temporally. I need that too sometimes! 

I'm glad you and dad are having so much fun as a bishop! I think its awesome to have a bishop for a dad. :) I'm proud! haha. Please encourage Natalie to keep in touch - I miss he and love her so much. Say hi to everyone for me and yes, facebook Victoria. Haha i love you mom, and you are the best lady in my life! You are the best, and I appreciate your love and support so much. Thanks for all you do and I hope you have an amazing week! I love you - and the church is true!!! It becomes more and more beautiful everyday to me. Alma 7:11-12, one of my favorites lately.

--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -

No comments: